Rules & Regulations
Team Formation and Eligibility
- Each E-Week team shall have at least two but no more than four members. At least one member of the team must be enrolled as an undergraduate student in the Virginia Tech College of Engineering. All members of the team must be enrolled as undergraduate students at Virginia Tech.
- Each E-Week team shall provide a team name upon registration. Team names may not contain inappropriate language, profanity, or anything deemed inappropriate by the SEC Executive Board. Any team with a team name deemed inappropriate may face possible penalties including but not limited to disqualification and point reductions.
- Each E-Week team shall have at least one member with an Instagram account. If your team is representing an engineering organization or design team, please note the respective Instagram account upon registration.
- By participating or attendending E-Week events or E-Ball, you authorize the use your image and likeness for, but not limited to, publication on the internet.
- If an engineering organization or engineering design team has multiple representing E-Week teams, the SEC will only record the team with the highest involvement throughout the week for SEC involvement credit.
- At least one member of the E-Week team must be an active member of the representing engineering organization or engineering design team in order for E-Week team to be classified as representing an engineering organization or engineering design team.
- Representing a design team must be indicated upon initial registration.
- The top three teams with the highest point count will be considered the SEC E-Week 2023 winners and awarded the first, second, and third place prize, respective of their rankings.
- The first place prize to be awarded is $1000.
- The second place prize to be awarded is $500.
- The third place prize to be awarded is $250.
- The top three teams will also be awarded four complimentary tickets to attend the Engineers’ Ball (E-Ball) on Saturday February 25th, 2023, where they will be presented as the 2023 winners.
SCORING - [Subject to Change]
- Each event will be worth a maximum of 200 points with the exception of Casino Night
- Trivia Night
- Participation: 40 points
- A possible 160 points may be awarded based on the final leaderboard.
- Talent Show
- Participation: 100 points. OR Attendance: 40 points.
- Judges Choice Awards: Judges will award up to 100 points based on their rankings.
- People’s Choice Award: $100 worth of gift cards. The sole winner will be decided based on an audience popular vote.
- “Shoot for the Stars” with Robyn Gatens
- Participation: 40 Points (tentative)
- Casino Night
- Teams will receive 100 points worth of tokens upon arrival to play the games. Teams must play a minimum of three games to cash out their tokens for E-Week points.
- At each game, the number of chips used and won must be recorded and verified by the house. Any chips turned in without this form will be disqualified.
- Any team and/or person(s) caught cheating, will result in disqualification for all parties involved.
- Amazing Race
- Participation: 40 Points
- A possible 160 points may be awarded based on a given team’s completion time.
- Trivia Night
E-Week Rules & Regulations are subject to change at anytime without warning.
E-Week Rules & Regulations were last updated February 17th, 2023.