$10k to 3 students ($30k total)
The Student Engineers' Council Scholarship was created in 2020 as a way of providing a yearly scholarship of $10,000 ($5,000 a semester) to pell grant eligible students in the College of Engineering. The aim of the scholarship is to provide a rising sophomore with a scholarship for their following three years of undergraduate studies at Virginia Tech. We aim to award a passionate and well rounded student who has excelled at Virginia Tech, in organizations, and the workforce.
Criteria for Eligibility
The following are the requirements of the student applying for the Torgersen Leadership Scholarship:
- Scholarship open to current freshman engineering students who are PELL Grant eligible as determined by FASFA
- Applicant must have at least a 3.3 GPA
- The applicant is only allowed to apply for this scholarship once during their academic career
Application and Selection Process
- Tell us something you are passionate about
- Why do you deserve this scholarship and how do you think it will impact you?
- Letter of recommendation (outside of VT references accepted)
- 2nd letter of recommendation
This application may only be submitted once. The deadline for applications of the 2022-2023 academic year is March 20th, 2023, at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions concerning the application process, please contact the SEC Awards and Scholarships Chair.