Undergraduate Research Advisor Award
$500 Research Grant
The Undergraduate Engineering Research Advisor Award was established in 2013 by the Student Engineers’ Council executive board. It was seen as a way to honor faculty members that go above and beyond in advising and mentoring students during the undergraduate research process. During the period, the College of Engineering had placed a strong emphasis on undergraduate involvement in research. The SEC saw this as a way to partner and help the College toward its goal. Faculty members cannot have received this award in the past three years and also cannot receive multiple SEC faculty awards in the same year. The winner of this award recieves $500 to use towards research purposes.
Criteria for Eligibility
The following are the requirements of the faculty who is being nominated for the Undergraduate Research Advisor Award:
- Are a faculty member within the College of Engineering
- Incorporate undergraduate students into his/her research endeavors
- Have demonstrated exceptional leadership, dedication, and success in working with the undergraduate research students over the course of the year
- Have not received this award in the previous three years
- Have not received another SEC advisor award in the same academic year
Nomination and Selection Process
- Nomination of candidate. All nominations must be submitted through the online form. The applicant will receive a confirmation email once the entire nomination is received and complete from the SEC Awards and Scholarships Chair.
- Nominations will be reviewed by the SEC Awards and Scholarships Chair. Finalists will be chosen and presented to the General Assembly for voting.
- GAM Presenation & Voting: The top nominees for each faculty award will be presented to their nominators in the General Assembly. The General Assembly will vote on the final award receiptent.
- Notification & Awarding Presentation: The final award receipient will be notified of their award. The final award receipent will be presented with their award at the SEC's Awards Banquet in the spring.
The deadline for nominations of the 2022-2023 academic year is January 27th, 2023, at 11:59 PM. If you have any questions concerning the nomination process, please contact the SEC Awards and Scholarships Chair.